Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

more Rubberband Girl

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 93 23:12:24 -0500
Subject: more Rubberband Girl
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

A pleasant holiday weekend here in DC--I heard "Rubberband Girl" a total of
3 times on the radio (thurs, fri, sun; a friend also heard it on sat).
This means that I've now heard it as many times on the radio as I heard
"Eat the Music" in the 3 months since its release.

Two comments about  hearing it today:  1)  it was a radio edit.  The
"rub-a-dub-a-dub" pseudo-Bulgarian portion as chopped out.  Anybody seen a
US domestic single yet?  Does it have this edit?  2)  Just to make things
more pleasant, this weekend was a block sort o' thing, so in addition to
hearing "Rubberband Girl" I also got "Running Up That Hill."

(this was followed 15 minutes later with a Gabriel block including "Games
Without Frontiers).

A good KaTely weekend in all (particularly since I picked up the MoP
single)

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka     | "When I look in the mirror, I see a little clearer/ |
|SAFH Lite [tm]       |  I am what I am and you are you too./  Do you like  |
|jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu |  what you see?  Do you like yourself?"  --N. Cherry |