Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Leaving My Tracks

From: Marcel Rijs <100276.2176@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 27 Nov 93 15:32:00 EST
Subject: Leaving My Tracks
To: <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

Hi,

Yli-Krekola Perttu writes:

> Marcel writes:
> > Meanwhile, what's on the CD-singles? My CDsingle contained old
> > tracks, but now I hear about 'Home for Xmas' and 'MoP instr.'
> > on the 12" (which I must get from somewhere too...).

Got it now! :)

> > Will those be on the boxed MoP CD-single? As previously posted,
> > my Cdsingle contains MoP, SALD, E4 & DWBMA. There's also a
> > 2-track here on the continent, with MoP & SALD.
>
> I just bought the Dutch 2 and 4 track MoP CD singles. The 4 track
> single fits your description but the 2 track cardboard cover CD
> single has MoP and Home for Christmas in it.

I stand corrected. This was wrong information from my record-dealer
who didn't have the 2-track at that point. He did now :)

Meanwhile, I discovered something strange. Maybe this is an old
discussion, but I wasn't there if so.
I saw an old book today, about legendary pop stars, and of course
Kate was in it. There was a list of used literature beneath the 1-
page text, and among the 3 books was 'Leaving my tracks', the
infamous autobiography of Kate. A complete description was made,
with the amount of pages, the ISBN and all. Despite my work in
libaries I haven't been able to get this book, and books about Kate
say the project was "shelved". Yet Sidgwick & Jackson  would have
released this book in 1982, according to this article in this book.
Does anyone know if "Leaving my tracks" was actually released once?
If it is/was commercially available, I'd sure like to have it. (I'm
also still searching for the "Princess of surbubia" book, BTW)

So, what, pray, is the deal?

Bye for now,

Marcel Rijs
Den Haag, The Netherlands
"She'll tell you that she'll stay / So you better barricade the way
out..." - Kate Bush, 'In the warm room'