Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: More Flamebait (Sizzle)

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1993 14:50:00 +0100
Subject: Re: More Flamebait (Sizzle)
To: Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca>
Cc: "Kate (list) Bush" <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Sender: UUCP Pollaccount <esfra@marian.RoBIN.de>

> OK, I have been reading over all the interviews etc. that people have
> been kind enough to post from various sources...and a thought has
> been percolating in my mind (unusual, I know). To wit:
>
> Why, when Kate writes such "personal" songs, does she get all huffy
> in interviews when interviewers ask her about them?

Yup. Good question. I wondered the same for a while now. And I also
think that Kate has become more hiding in her shell (now that's for a
Supertramp reference...) with this album than with any album before
this. Yes, I know, Kate has severe personal problems (her mother,
maybe Del [still no confirmation/denial from an 'official' side], ...),
but nevertheless she became absolutely invisible.

Is there any promotion done by Kate this time? Yes, there was June 20,
when she performed Moments of Pleasure on Aspel & Company, but besides
this, the appearance at the premiere of The Line, The Cross, and The Curve
in London, and the phone interview in MTV Most Wanted on October 22nd
there has been just one magazine interview (or are there more that are from
different sources?)

One thing is sure: this time (until now) Kate can absolutely not complain
about having to go promoting her album - I see three possibilities how
Kate can use the time won by this:

- relax (most probable)
- making another album QUICK (would be nice)
- preparing for a tour (now that would be NICE! ;-) )

I wonder how big the influence of the lack of promotion is wrt chart success.

Bye,

Uli