Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TRS At Night, NFE Is Schnopia, and B-Sides

From: Tree of Schnopia <as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1993 14:33:39 -0500 (EST)
Subject: TRS At Night, NFE Is Schnopia, and B-Sides
To: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Cc: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (Love Hounds), ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu (Ecto)

Three things:

1)  Anyone else get the feeling that TRS is best listened to when it's dark
out?  Like late at night?  Sitting in the living room of Drama House, huge
rented party speakers playing the CD at perfect saturation level, midnight,
warm friendly golden lighting instruments on?  Sitting on a bus coming back
from the Eastman School of Music, melancholy, having just broken up with
your girlfriend and missing her terribly even though you know it's a mistake
to go back to her?  It's such a perfect, sparkling, wonderful album in these
settings.  She Really Is.

2)  Never For Ever is perhaps not the most Schnopic album in existence
(although it's certainly in the running) but it comes damn close.  It's
probably my favorite Kate album, although TSW and TD jockey for that
position, with HoL and TRS in the background wanting in.

3)  I own all the albums on CD, save for The Whole Story, which I have on
cassette.  I was sent a tape of Kate and Tori B-sides (for which I have
effusively thanked that generous man :):):)) and now I want *all* the Kate
B-sides, on CD, cassette, or what have you.  I would, however, like to avoid
having to purchase a boxed set full of mostly stuff I already own.  Could
someone please help me in getting a collection of all these gems on
cassette, or dubbing one, at any rate?  Many are among my favorite Kate
songs in existence, including "Under the Ivy," "Burning Bridge," and "I'm
Still Waiting."

Drewcifer
--
Andrew D. Simchik, as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu, Tree of Schnopia
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY