Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Saturday Night Live Appearance

From: Rann <rann@oit.PeachNet.EDU>
Date: 18 Nov 1993 21:05:23 GMT
Subject: Saturday Night Live Appearance
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ah, fondly do I recall those days of yore...remember?  back when Saturday
Night Live was actually funny and enjoyable?  I guess it was 1976 or so
when I first saw KB on SNL, doing yoga exercises on a piano while singing
songs from The Kick Inside.  I thought she was the most talented
performer since Petula Clark...no "chick singer" this...imagine!  she
could write great material, sing like Annie Haslam on helium, and play
multiple instruments!  I ran down to the record store the next day,
looking for an album by Kate Bush...all the sales people thought I was
crazy...they had never heard of her.  Actually, it would be years until I
actually saw that first album in print.

At any rate, I have been searching for a video of that SNL performance
for years.  I know they have been releasing vids of those early SNL
shows, but I do not believe that KB's contribution has been included on
any of these offerings.  Can anyone out there help me out?