Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: who is Ken ?

From: pi@ruth.ece.jhu.edu (Pablo A. Iglesias)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1993 14:04:15 -0500
Subject: Re: who is Ken ?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: JHU News Administrator <news@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>

> Trivia for Kate's fans, I am sure. Does anybody know what G.O.C.
> (J.O.C.?) means, in the song Ken? And, basically, what the song is
> about.

At the risk of being one of many respondents. Ken is Ken Livingstone,
ex-head of the ex-Greater London Council. This was the local Council
in London in the early sixties, disbanded by Margaret Thatcher because
of its left-leaning ideology.  Ken was written for a comic-strip movie
based on the council.

>	Thanks,	Patrice.

You're welcome.

Pablo