Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

And I don't mind if it's dangerous...

From: WretchAwry@pilot.njin.net, I.Wonder.Why@pilot.njin.net
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 93 5:59:21 EST
Subject: And I don't mind if it's dangerous...
To: kate.;@pilot.njin.net
Sender: Vickie Mapes <vickie@pilot.njin.net>

(Please, sprinkle sarcasm symbols *liberally*)

(Humoresque-impaired people in a bad mood might want to skip this)

NeAl makes an impression:

> Seems to me that if anyone is
> worried about having there perceptions skewed (or screwed) by reading
> others people's opinions prior to listening to the album, they can
> just skip over that section.  It's not like the song-by-song analysis
> is subtly hidden in other posts.  They tend to stand out quite clearly.
> Besides, I enjoy hearing what other people think of the songs, and if
> someone interprets songs in a way that never occured to me, I might add
> it to my view, but I doubt I'll be replacing it with my opinions prior
> to forming any

Hey, I'm *deeply* impressionable, and I don't know *what* I think
until I hear other people's opinions. I see the light through
other gaffians, and I *know* now that:

1)  Kate's not God anymore, she's Judas
2)  TRS just *isn't* the Kate I know and love
3)  Kate's betrayed me because she didn't make TDII or HoLII
4)  Prince is a no-talent dud who shouldn't even be on the same
    *planet* as our beloved Kate
5)  Trio Bulgarka are *really* annoying, all that wailing, yuk
6)  The CD booklet has just *got* to go, 'cause there are 2 lines I
    can't read and the song titles are in a weird order and I don't
    see any pomegranates anywhere
7)  ETM and Rubberband Girl suck really BIG hairy rocks
8)  And So Is Love is trite to the max (and who's that old fart on guitar?)
9)  Moments of Pleasure is trite too (who *are* all those people? Why'd
    she go and write about Smurfs?)
10) Kate shouldn't say "bullshit" - ever. Bad Kate, naughty girl!
11) Constellation of the Heart, Why Should I Love You, Top Of The City
    and You're the One are just all appallingly bad songs
12) Big Stripey Lie is way too weird to like
13) Lily is ok, but again, she shoulda sang about people we've *heard* of
14) The title track is pretty good, I think. Maybe (Dunno. I have to read
    a few more opinions before I can make up my mind)
15) It's pretty clear, after a few days and a few listens, that Kate has
    lost her magic. I don't really need to pay any more attention to it.

Oh yeah, and I *now* know that TSW is Kate's biggest disappointment to
date, that "Reaching Out" is the worst song ever recorded, and that
"Experiment IV," "Rocket Man," and "Candle in The Wind" are truly wretched
and worthless.

Praise Goddess, I seen the light!!

Gee, maybe now I can be a *real* Love-Hound!! A *real* Katefan! WOW!!

Vickie (now forming chapters for the Bash Kate Real Good Club)

ps, insert whatever symbol for sarcasm you prefer
pps, just in case, *don't* take this post seriously!
ppps, this is not directed at anyone personally
pppps, it's a JOKE, ok? Other people's opinions aren't going to change my
 own. I nod my head when I read things I agree with, snort with derision
 when I read things I disagree with, absorb bits and pieces that may
 help me appreciate certain songs better, and read or delete opinions
 depending on my mood at the time.
ppppps, this post is *NOT* meant to imply that people should shut up
 about their opinions, alright?
pppppps, to quote Mortimer, "Bite Me, it's fun!"
ppppppps, all flames will be sent to Annie Wilkes
pppppppps, See y'all in about a year :-)