Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Another Top Ten List

From: dfleenor@nettech.com (super dave?)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1993 13:57:40 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Another Top Ten List
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

                   Top Ten Random Thoughts on The Red Shoes
10) Prince and Sheena Easton: Yes.  Prince and Kate? Uhh, huh huh heh heh....
 9) Doesn't sound like The Kick Inside (unfortunately).
 8) Doesn't sound like Lionheart (unfortunately). I like Lionheart, no matter
    how much everybody else (Kate included) bashes it.
 7) Doesn't sound like Never For Ever (unfortunately).
 6) Doesn't sound like The Dreaming (unfortunately, maybe Big Stripey Lie)
 5) Eat the Music: What, did she get bored one day or something?
 4) Rubberband Girl: Nice beat. Easy to dance to. I give it a 10.
 3) Song of Soloman: Kinda sounds like a cross between Egypt and Delius.
 2) Moments of Pleasure: This, and Song of Soloman, are the only two tracks
    that sound like the old Kate (pre-1985). Great songs (IMHO).
 1) Hurry up with that new album, Tori...

In all fairness, I have to say I like this better than TSW. IMHO, the best
songs on the album are RG, SoS, CotH, MoP, TRS, ASiL. 6 out of 12, not too
bad. The rest are OK. I think even ETM might grow on me after a while. Hey
Kate: quit smoking!