Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Big Stripey Interpretation

From: Albert Philipsen <awphili@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 93 18:36:33 MET
Subject: Re: Big Stripey Interpretation
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

fmcquarr@upei.ca (Fiona McQuarrie) writes:

>Hey Alex:

Did you call me? :-)

>Sure, those lines make sense in the context of disintegrating relationships.
>
>The beings "calling your name" - some other "force" calling away the loved
>one, which the protagonist has no control over.

But these "beings" are *sacred* *things*, so the protagonist is
experiencing inanimate thing coming alive.  I don't think this is a
usual consequence of a disintegrating relationship.

>"It's a jungle in here" - suddenly things are scary, evil things around that
>are dangerous.....

Yes, but then your interpretation is just metaphorical, while my
interpretation is literal.

>Anyhow, it's *my* interpretation so it *has* to fit (stomping tiny foot) :)

I can't argue with you when you do that! :-)

>Cheers, Fiona

Albert
--
"Grrrrrr.  This is my space." - Kate