Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

EMI Gold Disc

From: smith drt <p0070421@cs3.oxford-brookes.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 93 17:17:43 GMT
Subject: EMI Gold Disc
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Leafing through my copy of Radio Times (TV Guide to you US Gaffans) a HMV
Christmas Guide fell out. Along with all the usual stuff that appears in these
things such as what CD's to buy your loved ones for Christmas there appeared
a Kate Bush competion.

Basically the prize is a personalised EMI Kate Bush Gold Disc plus 10 CD's of
The Red Shoes for the lucky runners-up. The address for the competition is below
Kate Bush Comp
Dept Seven
Marketing Leaders Ltd
PO Box 144
Plymouth
PL1 1AX
United Kingdom

The answers have to be in by 7th Jan 1994.
What is the question I hear you all ask, well here it is.

What was the title of Kate Bush's first number one hit?

A real hard one there, I guess this information is of no use to non UK Gaffans
but it didn't say anything about overseas people not entering. Apologies to
everyone if this is a boring message but the prize does look pretty impressive
so I'd thought I'd share the information. As a postscript in another part of
the magazine they mention Moments Of Pleasure as being the next single?

"Kathy, I'm lost," I said, though | David RT Smith
she was sleeping. I'm empty and   | Oxford Brookes University
aching and I don't know why.      | Computer Services
                                  | Gypsy Lane
S + G                             | Headington
                                  | Oxford, OX3 0BP
SNAFU                             | 0865 443323
Systems Normal All Fu**ed Up      |