Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!!

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 93 01:12:50 -0500
Subject: I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!!
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I was in town this evening doin' some stuff at my folks' house until a bit
past 11.  Having seen posts in l-h about some Tower's staying open past
midnight to sell _The Red Shoes_, I decided to go over and check.  I bummed
around a bit, just poking here and there when a salescrud got on the pa to
say that store was closing in a few minutes.  <sigh>

Then I thought to myself, "Where else might they do a midnight sale?  Hmmm.
Well, *everyone* knows that gay men love KaTe.  Better go check the Dupont
Circle Kemp Mill."  Lo 'n behold, I arrived a few minutes before midnight
to find a big sign saying that they would indeed be selling the album at
midnight *and* they were giving free t-shirts to the first bunch o'
customers.

I WAS IN THE FIRST BUNCH O' CUSTOMERS!

What a monster bonus!  For my $12.71, I got the New KaTe *and* a way spiff
black t-shirt with the album cover silkscreened on the front!

I'm partially into my first listen .  God, was it *ever* worth the wait!
No, it's no HoL or TD, and NFE will forever hold that special place in my
heart.  But it's a *great* album nonetheless.

It's amazing how much better "Moments of Pleasure" is when it's not coming
from a mediocre sample.  (not that I don't appreciate that I got to hear
the song so early through the wonder of the net!)

And "Song of Solomon" and "And So Is Love" and "Lily" and "The Red Shoes" are incredible.

God.  This is great!  But now it's bed time.  :-( I'll have to listen to
the rest in the morning.

Jeff
(who must admit he's disappointed in the liner notes; too thin, too
susceptible to fingerprints, and the printing on the folds is going to die
quickly)

|Jeffrey C. Burka     | "When I look in the mirror, I see a little clearer/ |
|SAFH Lite [tm]       |  I am what I am and you are you too./  Do you like  |
|jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu |  what you see?  Do you like yourself?"  --N. Cherry |