Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

Right after singing "Here I go..." she is dancing in a straight jacket
with the rubberband man *but* the jacket is untied and the long
sleeves are flapping about while she makes the rubberband noises.  Is
she being freed by not resisting the "wind" or is she showing the
restrictions in making this video.  Perhaps it's both: having as much
freedom as she can, given a limitation.  No one ever has total
freedom.  Maybe it means nothing.  Art also depends on the eye of the
beholder and I've eyed enough; my eyes are tired.

Is she sort of making a female sign at the end??

I think the album may do rather well here, for better or worse.  I
just hope that a large number of new KT fans will enjoy the depths of
all her work and that this won't be like Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry
Be Happy" where everyone now says "Isn't he that don't worry be happy
guy?" (direct quote) and don't realize his talent.
"Isn't she that rubberband girl?"  Eeeeeeek!
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"Alternative rock is getting so mainstream these days!" - Kennedy on eMpTyV
"Duct tape is like 'the force', it has a light side and a dark side, and it
 holds the universe together." - Carl Zwanzig.  Who is he????