Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bay Area Kate Events

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.crl.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1993 15:41:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Bay Area Kate Events
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi again.  As I mentioned yesterday Tower is having a big Kate event on
Monday night.  Well, Larry Hernandez e-mailed me about events on the
weekend advertised in the S.F. Weekly (thanks Larry!) which I ran out and
grabbed.  As follows:

Rough Trade Records, 1529 Haight Street will play the album at Noon on Satur-
day the 30th and through the rest of the day.  They will be giving away
T-Shirts, Posters, Video Singles, and more.

Mod Lang Records, 2136 University Avenue at Shattuck, Berkeley, will play
the Red Shoes at Noon, 2, 4 and 6.  They are giving away the same items.

These are in addition to the Tower even on Monday November 1st.  They do
not advertise that the album will be available -- in fact they say "On
Tuesday November 2nd, Columbia is proud to release Kate's long anticipated
new album "The Red Shoes".

I will be at Rough Trade on Saturday, Tower on Monday night.  I live 1/2
block from Rough Trade at 625 Ashbury St., phone number 558-9475 if you want
to stop by (after 10AM please).

Thanks again Larry for calling this to my attention.  I hardly ever read the
SF Weekly anymore.

Bye for now!  Karen Newcombe  kln@crl.com