Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What's so wrong with eating the music?

From: David.Vinson@lambada.oit.unc.edu (david eugene vinson)
Date: 28 Oct 1993 15:31:28 GMT
Subject: What's so wrong with eating the music?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I've read many criticisms of this song, many arguing that it's too
commercial. Here we have a song that musically mixes elemets of Russian
folk music, South African rhythms, and mariachi horns, and features as
it's main lyrical metaphor the notion that examing the emotional state
of a man is akin to hand-shredding various fruits. Some people have
complained that the song is "too much like other stuff on the radio".
Gee, in my town, all they play are ZZ Topp, Michael Bolton, and Garth Brooks.

dave

"I can spell, I just can't edit".
--
   The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
     North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information