Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Heidi Berry? (non-KB)

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu (dressed to ingest)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 93 18:37:25 EDT
Subject: Re: Heidi Berry? (non-KB)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

trmarchand@ucdavis.edu (Tara Marchand) sez:
>She's very, very, very good!  Her latest, self-titled album is her first
>big-label, domestic release.  Her first album, _Below the Waves_ (?) was
>put out on Creation, and her second, _Love_, was issued on 4AD.

you missed her first, first album _firefly_ (which can be found on a
double cd with _below the waves_). the self-titled release is actually
on 4ad records but is licensed to warner brothers here in the states.

>Well, I know my descriptions aren't the best, but I hope they help!  I
>think you'd like Heidi Berry if you like Kate Bush, but I might be wrong.

probably a good guess. the best word i've come up for to describe heidi
berry's music is autumnal. it's the kind of stuff you'd want to curl up
by the fire on a clear, brisk fall evening to listen to. good stuff.

_O_ woj@remus.rutgers.edu            /\ in the pale light of the moon