Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: USENET News System <news@watdragon.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1993 18:25:49 -0400
To: watmath!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: melunney@jeeves.uwaterloo.ca (Mike Lunney)
Subject: Re: Kate's Latest Canadian Charts
Sender: news@watdragon.uwaterloo.ca (USENET News System)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1993 22:25:46 GMT

In article <Pine.3.05.9310181426.A19262-b100000@atlas.cs.upei.ca>,
Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca> wrote:
>According to The Record (Canada's Billboard) Rubberband Girl is now at #57
>in the Contemporary Hit Record charts. 57 out of 75. This is not much of a
>jump from 65, where it was the week before.
>
>Cheers, Fiona

Here's a bit more info on how _Rubberband Girl_ is doing in Canada.
The record stores here in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada have
Billboard and not the Record magaines.  Go figure.

According to the Oct 16 issue of Billboard, on the Hits of the World
page for Canada, RBG has debuted in the TOP TWENTY, I think at #18.
Billboard claims they are using the most recent Record single SALES chart.
Do you have access to that chart, Fiona?

So it seems that Canadians are buying the RBG cassette single but not
hearing it on radio or seeing it on video as often as they'd like.

Also, on the "CFNY Thursday 30," RBG was at #14, with Jane Siberry's
_Sail Across The Water_, and Sarah McLachlan's _Possession_ occupying lower
chart postitions, as of this past Thursday (Nirvana was #1).

Mike.
|\/|ike |_unney                "How does a duck know whick direction south is?
Applied Math/UW                 And how to tell his wife from all the other
melunney@jeeves.uwaterloo.ca    ducks?" - Brad Roberts, Crash Test Dummies