Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TRS - HCA version

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 19:42:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TRS - HCA version
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I'm back from Birmingham AL, a lovely city, and I'd like to thank all
Love Hounds who laboriously typed in (and will doubtless type more) --
it was wonderful to come home and find those waiting for me in my box.

I have a copy of Hans Christian Anderson's original story (which I think
is one he collected from an elderly person long ago); it's in an old
childhood book of my mother's.  If anyone is interested I can post it
Monday or Tuesday after I'v had time this weekend to type it up, or
i could upload it (someone needs to tell me where), or I would be
willing to make a xerox for anyone who will send me a self-addressed
stamped envelope.

The story is somewhat different than what Kate has used for her movie.
The interview in which she talked about the shoes that don't want to
stop dancing, and which kidnap a young girl every night seems to be a
fusion of both The Red Shoes (shoes which can't be removed and which
dance endlessly) and The Twelve Dancing Princesses (who slip away and
dance all night long and are exhausted every day).

Would a few people who have preferences e-mail me at kln@crl.com and let
me know if you'd like the story and in what format.  I don't want to
retype it twice -- though it may be a tad long to send to love-hounds.

Opinions?

Karen Newcombe  kln@crl.com   e-mail me for snail address