Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Akiko Yano (sp?)

From: S.Rowe@fulcrum.co.uk (Simon Rowe)
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 10:41:06 GMT
Subject: Re: Akiko Yano (sp?)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: News.System@fulcrum.co.uk

In article <Pine.3.07.9310131227.A17036-8100000@pd-dom>,
Don Gibson <gibsond@aa.wl.com> wrote:
>I just heard a few tracks from this singers new CD called "Lovelife" and she
>seems to have a similar vocal range as KaTe and similar sound.  Has anyone
>heard of her?

Akiko Yano is the wife of Ruichi Sakamoto. I believe she released a
album in the early Eighties produced by David Sylvian. I'll check my
CD International tonight.

The only recording I have of her is a Japan bootleg^D^D^D^D^D^D^Dlive
recording of the last Budokan concert where she sang 'Bamboo Houses'
with David.

		Simon.

Simon Rowe,                                   srowe@fulcrum.co.uk
Fulcrum Communications Ltd,
Birmingham,			         Condition "BRAIN_OVERLOAD$" raised at
ENGLAND.				 5412(0)/12234