Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: spreading Kateness

From: "Nathaniel R. Leas" <leas@tempe.avnet.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1993 15:54:00 PDT
Subject: Re: spreading Kateness
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: leas@tempe.avnet.com

From:	MX%"phil@SonOSam.execnet.com"  4-OCT-1993 15:34:21.80

>A while ago we were talking about what album to use for introducing
>someone to Kate.  Well, I chose one of my favorites, The Dreaming.  I would
>like to reiterate a previous viewpoint.  This is a mistake.  This is a
>little too intense to break someone in with.  It's a little like pouring
>a shot of grain alcohol to someone who has never had a drink before.  I
>will try again, with Hounds of Love.

    I introduced my sister (5 years my senior) to Kate.  Knowing her taste,
    kind of eclectic, but not too dynamically intriguing, I gave her copies
    of _Kick_ and _HoL_ and told her if she liked these, get the rest of 'em
    but save _The Dreaming_ for last as it's the most challenging, even
    though it's my fave.

    She loved _HoL_, much more than _Kick_, and decided to disregard my
    advice and fill in the gap in reverse chronological order.  She can not
    listen to _The Dreaming_.  She said it was too intense...

    It's intensity is one of the reasons it's my fave.

/*  leas@avnet.com 							 *\