Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Rubberband Girl on Muchmusic

From: aj796@freenet.carleton.ca (Tippi Chai)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1993 16:33:40 GMT
Subject: Re: Rubberband Girl on Muchmusic
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca (News Administrator)

fmcquarr@upei.ca (Fiona McQuarrie) wrote:
>Muchmusic played the Rubberband Girl video at the end of their "Spotlight"
>This was a surprise because the "spotlight" is usually old videos intercut
>with video of old interviews.

The "Spotlights" are done everytime from scratch.  They have one everyday,
on a different artist/group.  When it gets to the same artist next time
around, chances are that a new work would have been released in the
mean time (except for those who work at the speed of KaTe.)  As soon as I
got the news that a Spotlight is to be done on KaTe, I was 90% sure that
RBG would be shown.

>Incidentally, one of the "old" interview clips was from when TSW
>came out.

This one I believe was done in England, because KaTe did not grace
Canada with her presence for TSW publicity.  I caught more of this
interview on YTV (another Toronto-based cable station)
but you never saw or heard the interviewers.  My guess is that
1) this generic "interview" was sent out by KaTe to TV stations
OR
2) a bunch of Canadian stations got together to do this interview and
	shared it.
Anyone know the story behind this?

Tippi Chai, Toronto, Canada aj796@freenet.carleton.ca
--