Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Sarah, "Shoebox", and other stuff

From: ecurrent@r-node.io.org (Greg Clow)
Date: 29 Sep 1993 10:44:56 -0400
Subject: New Sarah, "Shoebox", and other stuff
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well, I just received a mailing from Nettwerk informing me that Sarah's
new album, "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy", is set for release in Canada on
October 22nd.  However, there is no release planned elsewhere until
January, 1994.  So, for those of you outside of Canada who just *can't*
wait that extra three months for new Sarah (and I know *I* wouldn't want
to!), I'm once again plugging the mail order service of The CD Bar here
in Toronto:

Toll free order line: 1-800-663-1616  (North America only)
Phone: (416) 977-6863
Fax:   (416) 977-6865
Email: cdbar@sizone.pci.on.ca

Please note that we prefer credit card orders (AmEx, Visa, MC), so most
people are more comfortable with placing thier initial orders over the
phone as opposed to email.

In addition to accepting pre-orders for Sarah's new full-length disc,
we're also offering the following items that KateFans might find of
interest:

o  Sarah's "Possession" CD single
o  pre-orders on the limited edition "The Red Shoes - Shoebox" from UK,
   which will contain the CD, a t-shirt, a badge, and a certificate
o  Kate's "Rubberband Girl" (UK) and "Eat The Music" (US) CD singles
   (we can also get the German and Japanese releases)
o  Cocteau Twins "Evangeline" CD single (UK)
o  Jane's "The Walking" CD (now deleted in the US)

... and lots of other neat 'n' cool stuff.

Also, any Ectophiles reading this will be happy (heh!) to know that it
appears The CD Bar will soon become the first retail outlet in Toronto
to stock Happy's material!  I'm *very* excited about this, and I'll be
recommending her to everyone!

And, on a related note - I have a German vinyl pressing of "Lionheart"
that I'm looking to part with, and I thought I'd offer it around these
parts before visiting local used shops.  It's in very good condition -
the record is near mint, I'd say, and the sleeve (which is gatefold)
has a bit of wear.  Anyway, if anyone wants any more information, drop
me a line.

Take care,
Greg

--
Greg Clow       -      ecurrent@sizone.pci.on.ca      -      ecurrent@io.org
"It depresses me that members of my species like this industrial Nazi death-