Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK.

From: Andrew B Marvick <abm4@columbia.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 93 14:34:40 EDT
Subject: MisK.
To: Love-Hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Just to mention that according to (he thinks) New Musical Express
(unless it was Melody Maker), Rubberband Girl was listed at no. 7 on
their UK charts.  IED did not understand whether this represented a rise
from the previous week, or whether their rating system was very
different from the UK polls cited in Love-Hounds heretofore; but in any
case, no. 7 is not bad, is it?

What IS bad is all this uncertainty about the album's release date!
Whatever the date is, you'd expect all offices of both record companies
would _know_ what it is, wouldn't you? He means, what if _you_ were
told that God was going to be descending from on high and had chosen
your place to stop for a bite, wouldn't you want to get the date
straight?  Last summer the local McDonald's in Des Moines wanted to
know exactly what the President's schedule was, so they could be ready
with fresh fries and so forth.  So here EMI and Sony have been
entrusted with the release and promotion of a new album by THE
GREATEST LIVING ARTIST, and they're like,
      "Uh, wut? Kate who? Oh, yeah, somebody tol' me about her
once...She's, like, English.  When? Uh, I rully dunno, y'know?
I think it's, like, delayed, y'know? Somebody told me it
sounded cool, though...I like music that's cool...heh..."

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)