Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fave item/wierdest situation

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1993 12:29:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Fave item/wierdest situation
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

is probably my Cloudbusting promo CD.  I was trading some books in a brand
new book & record store a few years back . . . back when I thought I was
the sole Katefan in the universe.  "Cash or trade?" she asked me.  "Well,
cash unless you have any unusual Kate Bush stuff around."  "Yeah, Kate
Bush, I have got something -- this weird CD, only has 4 songs on it." I looked
at it for a while.  "Huh.  Never seen this before.  I guess I'll take it.
How much?"  "Oh, three bucks is fine.  I'm afraid I won't be able to sell
it."

I found a sealed, marble HOL in there a week later for $5.00.  Unfortunately,
someone opened it and popped it on the turntable at one of my famous extra-
vagent parties, so it can no longer be considered "virgin vinyl".

About a year later I saw someone selling that same Cloudbusting promo for
upwards of $70. in Goldmine.  Yow!  You could have knocked me over with a
feather.

Weirdest situation?  I was lying reclined in the dentist's chair, soaked in
a cold sweat from head to toe, with an enormous, painful hypodermic needle
stuck in my jaw feeding novocaine into me, when the sweet sound of Kate's
voice came over the loudspeaker, ". . . can't say no I can't say yes, can't
help myself . . ."  Walk Straight Down the Middle instantly became one of
my favorite cuts from TSW.  I hadn't really focused on it before.  Now
every nuance of every note is ingrained in my jawbone!

           Karen Newcombe  kln@crl.com
    Novercia <Latin> "she-who-is-new"