Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sinning can be fun (was Re: Catching Up with Stev0)

From: mas@csa.bu.edu (Mark A. Semich)
Date: 23 Sep 1993 03:44:28 GMT
Subject: Sinning can be fun (was Re: Catching Up with Stev0)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9309230147.AA05023@bugs.TQS.COM> steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin) writes:
   Which gave me another idea:  What to do with those "lesser" Katesongs:
   Mix them with an appropriate better Katesong (or mix them together)
   for very pleasing results.  For best results, place speakers of both
   stereos diagnally apart so one doesn't drown out the other.
   Here are some appropriate mixes:

(list deleted for brevity)

I noticed the other day that if you hold down the CD-Fast Forward button,
which on my player will play short little samples from every 1/2
second or so, while listening to "Candle in the Wind", you'll end up
with something that sounds remarkably like one of the weird vocal
effects off HoL.  This is probably worth mixing with *something*, I
just haven't figured out what, yet.

Reminds me of one of the KaTemas celebrations I went to where Greg
(footah!) had set up a synthesizer with various KaTe samples assigned
to various keys.  One could certainly play some very interesting
songs... :-)
	    "And down the wave and in the flame was borne
			   A naked babe..."
mark a. semich                                               mas@csa.bu.edu