Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

new Jane Siberry videos

From: Tippi Chai <chai@utcc.utoronto.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1993 00:24:55 -0400
Subject: new Jane Siberry videos
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Tonight on "CHUM 30", a TV show featuring videos from CHUM radio's
top 30 list, "Sail Across the Water" debuts at 29.  The entire video was
shot on a beach, featuring Jane with 4 other women, all in long
salmon/peach dresses.  They were kneeling, standing, walking, and in the latter
part they all "drowned" - floating either face up or down in the sea,
and then were lifted from the water by two fishermen.

And then I discovered by reading the TV guide that the "New Music" show
will also talk about her new album, so I got my VCR ready and taped it.
Apart from an interview, at least parts of 3 videos were shown.  One was "Sail"
as described above.  The second was "Love is everything", about 5 seconds
of it, with Jane dressed in a sort of Olde English dress, and 4 other women
(not the same 4 as in "Sail...") who had this sort of sixties look.
The third clip was an overhead shot of Jane on a bed, with a candelbrum
on her right, and a (South American) stone statuette lying face up on the left.
Then it cuts to black and white, with a little girl holding this statuette.
The problem is, both "Calling All Angles" and "At the Beginning of Time" have
been played over this clip at different times, so I can't say from which
video this would have been taken.  There's also another 3 second snippet,
showing a woman walking past a piece of red fabric and a second women
reaching out to the first, but as yet I am unable to identify which song
the music fragment (and I *DO* mean fragment) belongs.

I'll transcribe the interview in a day or two.  Meanwhile Toronto Siberrites
(is there another word?) can catch both shows again on Sunday on CityTV.
--
**********"We all breathe the same air" KaTe Bush
Tippi Chai, Toronto, Canada  <chai@gpu.utcc.utoronto.ca || chai@utorgpu.bitnet>