Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Big Stripey Lie Lyrics

From: mas@csa.bu.edu (Mark A. Semich)
Date: 9 Sep 93 16:55:53
Subject: Big Stripey Lie Lyrics
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

During my first listen to Big Stripey Lie, I realized that the song
was pure genius.  I have endevoured to discern it's divine lyrics, and
following is my attempt at decipherment.  There are many words that I
am unsure of, so please comment/correct as I wish to achieve
enlightenment.
====

Oh big stripey lie
Movin like a wavey line
Comin up behind

All young gentle dreams
Drowning in life's grief
Can you hang on to me

	<Don't want to hurt you baby>
	<I only want to help you>
	<I could be good for you>

Your name is being called by sacred things
That are not addressed or listened to
Sometimes they blow trumpets

	<I only want to help you>
	<People want to hurt you>
	<You know I could be good for you>

(background something said during following lyrics and begining of
 next set as well)

Oh my God it's a jungle in here
You've got wild animals loose in here

	<I only want to help you>
	<It'll hurt you>
	<Good for you>

Hey all you little waves
Run away
Mmm run away

	    "And down the wave and in the flame was borne
			   A naked babe..."
mark a. semich                                               mas@csa.bu.edu