Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Eat me!

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 93 12:58:44 PDT
Subject: Eat me!
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Well, I have in my sweaty little hands the CD for "Eat the Music".
Unfortunately, my CD player is at home, so you'll have to wait a day for
my review of this single (The ONLY review that matters!)

However, I can give my review of the cover:

It's completely disgusting.  I love it!  Freud would have a heart attack
if he saw it.

Also, to throw my voice into a couple of the sillier discussions right
now going on here:

The drum machine is the most evil piece of technology invented.  Synthisizers
are a tool so powerful they can only be used for good or evil (quick!  spot
the reference!).  Good uses of the synth:  The Dreaming,  Hounds of Love.
Evil uses of the Synth:  Most everything else.

Singers who sound like Kate:  I think Kate sounds JUST LIKE Nico, if Kate
had a lower range and sang in a heavy German accent.  Otherwise, Nico is
a dead ringer (heh heh) for Kate.

Comparing singers to Kate:  I think EVERY singer should be compared to Kate.
After all, Kate is the ultimate in music, sheer perfection.  Therefore, a good
unit of musical ability can be the "Milikate".  Mozart would be, say 950
millikates.  Tori Amos is 500 milikates.  Madonna is 5 milikates.  Michael
Bolton is -750 milikates.  (Perhaps one should adopt a "Milibolton" as
a unit of mediocrity).

- Stev0 the 1000 milistev0s

"He blowed up good!"
   - Tom Servo watching the video for "Army Dreamers"