Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate vs. Tori

From: jzitt@wixer.bga.com (Joe Zitt)
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1993 20:24:59 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate vs. Tori
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1SEP199301480115@zeus.tamu.edu> heretic@zeus.tamu.edu (Evolve or Perish) writes:

>The division of 'Best of Year' lists strikes me the
>same way. Do we NEED separate categories for male and
>female musicians? It's not like it was a contact sport.

Yah, this strikes as me especially silly when it comes to the video
award, and is pegged on the singer's gender not the director. If
they're going to make the distinction at all, I would think that, say,
a video by Mary Lambert of a song by Billy Idol would be more
appropriately a "Best Female Video" than a video by Tim Burton of a
song by Madonna... or we could give it to David Lee Roth based on the
number of women in the video (*ducking*).
--
Joe Zitt	jzitt@wixer.bga.com	metatron!joe@dogface.austin.tx.us
Metatron Press / Human Systems Performance Group / Heart of Texas Havurah