Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Oops! (was re: New Sarah Album)

From: Richard Moynes <"pcsdev::moynes_r"@eisgen.dofasco.ca.153.142.IN-ADDR.ARPA>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1993 15:50:29 EDT
Subject: Oops! (was re: New Sarah Album)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: "pcsdev::moynes_r"@eisgen.dofasco.ca

>Ron Buckmire <buckmr@rpi.edu> wrote:
>>Richard.Moynes@uunet.uu.net writes:
>>>"I finally had to stop listening to Kate Bush because that was all
>>>I could think of..." - Sarah McLachlan
>>What a great quote! Where did she say this?

Tippi Chai corrects me:
>It was during an interview with Denise Dolan of MuchMusic in Jan, 89.

>SM: I really saturated myself with those two [KB & Peter Gabriel] for a
>long time.  I finally had to stop listening to KB because I couldn't
>think of anything else.  I learned every song, every instrument in every song,
>all the lyrics, and I used to sing all the songs.  I had no interest to
>do my own stuff.

  I knew I'd get it wrong!  I didn't write it down and by the time I
typed it in, I had 2 versions of the quote in my head and picked the
wrong one.  I plead temporary caffeine deficiency.  I've already been
punished for it by having to listen to "Best of the Bee Gees" at my
neighbour's on Sat. night.  That tape is a _lot_ longer than I would
have expected!  :)

Richard
you can try: moynes_r@qis.dofasco.ca