Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate's Project - Wuthering Eights

From: "De Fish! of Waikato University, Hamilton, New Zealand" <DFONG@waikato.ac.NZ>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 93 12:17 +1200
Subject: Kate's Project - Wuthering Eights
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu

From: dfong@waikato.ac.nz
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 26 Aug 93 12:17:01 +1200

New in the shop today. I hope this has been mentioned before.

Kate's Project 			Wuthering Eights	COL CD59

	1. Interface club mix		6:00
	2. Tendenthial mix		4:30
	3. Kate's (deep beat)		2:20

 It's produced by DiscoMagic (Italy), (who if I recall correctly
are responsible for the horrendous "dance" mix of the theme from
"Twin Peaks"). It's been released down under by Colossal Records,
an australian company that blossomed up during the house music years.

I have only heard about 2 mins of each track so far...I just bought
it hot off the shelves...so forgive me if I can't go to much into
the mixes.

  Anyway, as you can guess it is a dance version of
"Wuthering Heights", (where the 'H' went from the title, I don't
know - maybe it's a play on the silent 'H' ?)
On first listen the vocals sound pretty close to Kate's. One of
my initial thoughts was that it would be her vocals from either
of her two versions with a fast drum beat behind it.
As it turns out, it is actually a female with very similar
vocals. In fact, what signalled to me that it was a different
vocalist was a glitch in the lyrics somewhere.

  The first mix is a standard dance mix at approx. 145bpm with
vocal snatches inbetween the actual lyrics.
The second starts off with an acid house analog synth bubbly
sounds then starts into the song. Presumably this'll be the
radfio-friendly version.
The third track is just the beat - hence no songwriting credits
to Kate.

  A quick summing up gives this the thumbs up for those that have
really wanted to work up a sweat to a Kate track...