Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Surely not Kate of all people?

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 93 08:24 MET DST
Subject: Re: Surely not Kate of all people?
To: "Ted Potter, (315) 349-0171" <POTTER%TECHDB@oswego.arpc.alcan.ca>
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi Ted,

> Recently, I was surprised to hear Uli (?) admonish Kate for smoking.  Was that
> facetious, or does she really smoke?  I thought, with her amazingly clear and
> striking vocal quality, that there would be no way she could smoke.

Yes, that was me.

> Could someone set me straight on this bit o' KaTrivia?

Yes, I can. She really does. There are three 'proofs': a picture in the
wonderful 'A Visual Documentary' book (preparations for the 'Experiment IV'
video) and two videos, 'Kate Bush on Tour' (a video aired on April 3 1979
that shows Kate and co rehearsing, planning, training and performing the
tour) and 'Musical Chairs' (interview with Kate and Keef MacMillian about
the making of the 'Wow' video).

> Disturbed and shaken,

Oh yes, and it's even in the FAQ: We all hope she stops smoking.

> P.S. What does KaTe mean (as opposed to Kate)?

That comes from the KT or Knights Templar or KaTe Bush symbol,
___
 |/
 |\

it can be found on any ((UK) vinyl) album, and in several videos (Army
Dreamers). It's also the logo of the Kate Bush Club.

And besides that you can say KaTe is pronounced KaTie, or K-T for that
matter.

Bye,

Uli