Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Another Top Ten

From: jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 93 10:20:37 PDT
Subject: Re: Another Top Ten
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Chris Williams gets it all wrong again:

>> 8) She doesn't rap.
>   Doesn't the voice of the Inquisitor in _Waking The Witch_ count.

i don't think Chuck D or Flavor Flav would say "yes" to that one.

>> 6) None of her songs contain the words "ooh, baby baby" or "yeah yeah yeah".

>    A couple of years ago I listed all the "babys" in Kate songs. Quite
>a few actually, though not as many a Paula Abdul, granted.

"come on baby, come on darling, let me steal this moment from you now"
springs immediately to mind.

>> 4) Refused to change her name to "M.C. Bush".
>    It was only because Jon Drukman asked.

nuh uh.  i said she should change it to DJ Katey B.

>> 2) MTV deemed "The Sensual World" too suggestive for airplay.
>    No |>oug did.

|>oug's rumor was about Running Up That Hill, not TSW.

>> 1) Talented people are generally not allowed on MTV.
>    Generally no. Well, Peter Gabriel. Really talented people are often
>consigned to be "...this sucks..." videos on Bevis & Butthead.

didn't use to be that way.  :(  my first exposure to Kate was seeing
"sat in your lap" on MTV back in '82 or '83...

--
Jon Drukman                                      jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.