Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate vs. Tori

From: Steve Grotten <grotten@convex.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1993 19:46:08 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate vs. Tori
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news access account <usenet@neptune.convex.COM>

In article <1993Aug19.180020.5605@rtsg.mot.com> langrlld@rtsg.mot.com (Daniel J. Langrill) writes:
>Recently, there have been a few threads that have gone around about who is
>better: Kate or Tori.
>
>I'm a fan of both (actually, I just recently got turned on to Tori Amos)...

I like them both, as well, but definitely prefer Kate's voice.

>It would be interesting to find out what the artists think:
>
>	* A lot of people say that Tori Amos is a Kate ripoff -- Does Kate
>	    listen to Tori Amos?  What does she think?  If she likes her
>	    music, it doesn't seem like Tori would be much of a Kate ripoff,
>	    since what artist would appreciate plagarism?

There is a definite similarity in the CD covers for _The Kick Inside_
and _Little Earthquakes_, too much to be coincidence, I think.  Each
cover shows the artist sitting within a box (wooden crate, I believe).

If Tori's next album cover shows her in a lioness costume, or surrounded
by hounds, then we'll KNOW something's up ;).

-steve

--
  Steven Grotten                        e-mail: grotten@convex.com
  Convex Computer Corporation           voice:  214/497-4045