Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Another Top Ten

From: dfleenor@nettech.com (super dave?)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1993 10:41:35 -0500 (EDT)
Subject: Another Top Ten
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

       :-)    Top Ten Reasons Why You Don't See Kate Bush On MTV    :-)

10) She doesn't wear leather and chains.
 9) The KT Bush Band is not known for its speed metal capabilities.
 8) She doesn't rap.
 7) Hasn't done any videos in a mini-skirt and tank top (well, Babooshka was
    nice...).
 6) None of her songs contain the words "ooh, baby baby" or "yeah yeah yeah".
 5) Turned down deal to do joint MTV Unplugged session with Naughty By Nature.
 4) Refused to change her name to "M.C. Bush".
 3) Club MTV dancers can't dance to "Ran Tan Waltz".
 2) MTV deemed "The Sensual World" too suggestive for airplay.
 1) Talented people are generally not allowed on MTV.

Sorry. I've just been feeling creative lately and I love doing top ten lists.
Please don't flame me (it's all in good fun).