Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The new songs

From: walterj@superfly.germany.sun.com (Walter Jekat - SunSelect Germany - Munich)
Date: 19 Aug 1993 10:54:19 GMT
Subject: The new songs
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

After lurking around this newsgroup, I'd like to post my 2 cents.

I am still amazed by the power of the network. To believe that we have new Kate songs availible months before the album release is ... amazing. Guess I'm beginning to sound just like the early Kate 8-)

But seriously to all involved, THANK YOU!

As a long time admirer of Kate I have always been fascinated by my reaction to any new album:

Stage 1: hmm, strange. Has Kate finally lost the touch?

Stage 2: this track ain't so bad....

Stage 3: this is getting interesting....

Stage 4: ah see the light

Stage 5: spend the next 6 months listening 6 times a day to the album and to nothing else

Stage 6: with every listen discover another subtle delight

Stage 7: bliss

This has worked for me with The Dreaming, Hounds of Love and The Sensual World. I've been listening to the tracks off of The Red Shoes on my itsy bitsy sub AM quality workstation speaker. I'm still at Stage 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!

What am I missing?