Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate, of course!

From: chris@visionware.co.uk (Chris Davies)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1993 16:18:19 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate, of course!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@visionware.co.uk (News Admin)

super dave? (dfleenor@nettech.com) wrote:
:  Top Ten Reasons Why Kate Bush Is Better Than Tori Amos Please Don't Flame Me

:  7) Her albums are so good that she only needs to put one out every four
:     years (which is about how long it takes to read between the lines of
:     the lyrics and interpret them to their fullest).

Isn't this about the same as TA?  (YKTR was published several years
before LE)

:  6) Kate has an English accent.

What is it about our accents that you like?  :-)

:  4) Only Kate could do a reggae version of Rocket Man and make it sound
:     good.

...But it doesn't

:  3) She knows David Gilmour.

So?

:  2) Kate sings moving, beautiful songs (with the exception of "Violin").

And the one about an atomic bomb, and the one about drowning under ice,
and the one about being destroyed by waves of nasty sound, and...

:  1) Moments of Pleasure is Kate's best song so far this decade. I predict
:     her new album will be awesome!

I think you're scratching at the bottom of the barrel for this.

: Oh, I also forgot to include the standard anti-flame disclaimer "IMHO".

...But of course  :)

Chris
--
          VISIONWARE LTD, 57 Cardigan Lane, LEEDS LS4 2LE, England
  Tel +44 532 788858.  Fax +44 532 304676.  Email chrisd@visionware.co.uk