Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Song of Solomon? Mmmm Yes . . .

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1993 17:01:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Song of Solomon? Mmmm Yes . . .
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

RE: Song of Solomon

Weeks after TSW appeared I was taking a dull "Bible as Lit" class, and
something in the Song of Solomon struck me as relating to Kate's lyrics
for The Sensual World.  I ended up doing a term paper on Joyce's
references to the Song of Solomon in all of Ulysses, but particularly
Molly's soliloquy.  Also, Dublin as the sacred garden, metaphor for the
body, which the garden in Song of Solomon also is.

Look for correspondances and you will find them . . .

                                 Karen Newcombe, kln@crl.com
                          Novercia, Latin, "she-who-is-new"