Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Video question for the experts

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 93 17:14 MET DST
Subject: Re: Video question for the experts
To: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> This sounds a lot like her second TotP appearance (can't remember
> exact date), which was shown on BBC's "Sounds of the 70s" show a few
> months ago. I think this one can be identified from a lack of guitar
> (noticable at the end) and the occasional bum note from the piano.
> Also Kate is standing on a circular or semicircular podium, and
> there's a guy in the audience right in front of her with white or very
> pale blond frizzy hair.

Yes, that's it. IED says that the second WH in Top of the Pops was one with
a white dress. There's an excerpt from this one in the Ask Aspel video, so
this might be the first issue. What is right now? And what is the Scene 78
spot like? Is this perhaps what IED calls the first Top of the Pops appearance?
So that the following holds:

IED's Garden description:

TOTP #1: #4, black top, red slacks
TOTP #2: #19, white gown, sung live
Scene 78: #12, sung live to bv, black dress

Other opinions:

TOTP #2: Scott's description
TOTP #1 or #2: Ask Aspel has excerpt labeled TOTP that is with white dress
TOTP #1 or #2: my video is labeled TOTP and is with black dress

Probable solution:

TOTP #1: white gown version
TOTP #2: black dress, live to bv
Scene 78: black top, red slacks

Any comments, questions, suggestions, better knowledge around?

Thanks,

Uli