Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@watserv2.uwaterloo.ca
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1993 15:43:44 -0400
To: watmath!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: GALADRIEL@PHYSICS.watstar.uwaterloo.ca (Jenna Wilson)
Subject: Sinead, Willie and Don't Give Up
Sender: news@watserv2.uwaterloo.ca
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1993 19:43:28 GMT

I don't recall anyone mentioning anything about it, but has anyone seen/
heard the Sinead O'Connor/Willie Nelson version of Don't Give Up?  I heard
about it a week or so ago, and caught the last bit of the video on Much-
Music this afternoon.. I have to say, not being a fan of either of the
aformentioned artists, I didn't like it.  There was a decided country twang
to the song which I don't think quite worked because of the delicate female
vocals.  Sinead was fine... it was Willie, I think, that did it.  Also
shots of Willie looking sensitive/solemn in the video did not help.
Although I have absolutely no intention of buying it, does anyone know where
this version came from? exactly who released it?

Jenna

Do you need some joy or love?  Are you downtrodden leaves in some forsaken
yard?  Are you deserted or cold or starved or paralysed or blind? Handfuls
and handfuls to you, and to spare!
                                                         - Elizabeth Smart
:::::::: Jenna Wilson :::: galadriel@physics.watstar.uwaterloo.ca ::::::::
                      :::::: minerva@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca ::::::::::::::::