Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sandman #53 (marginally KaTe-relaTed)

From: Suspended In Duct Tape <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1993 19:41:25 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Sandman #53 (marginally KaTe-relaTed)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

Steve0, you get two strikes for that Sandman note...

The current issue is #53 (had to go check, you had me panicking that I had
somehow missed one! :), and the story can't be based on the Kate song "The
Handsome Cabin Boy" if you mean it was written as well as sung by her, since
it's a very old Irish folktale she chose to record a version of.  My mother
mentioned once when I was listening to it that her grandmother used to sing
her to sleep with it.

But I'm sure you knew that.

Also, it's not exactly the story of the handsome cabin boy... if you notice,
at the end Hob Gadling says he'll tell the kid the story someday- heck, he
was probably there!

Obscure KaTe/Sandman trivia: which issue of Sandman contains real live KaTe
lyrics?

(Yes, Neil is an admirer.)

Meredith
meth@delphi.com