Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Member of the Wedding

From: Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 93 16:48:16 PDT
Subject: The Member of the Wedding
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi all!  Well, I'm back from my sister's wedding in Ontario and while she's
sunning herself in Aruba, I'm rusting in Vancouver. :-(

I should have realized that I would come back to this group - flames already
in progress.

Personally, I'm surprised at the titles for the new songs, but we'll have to
hear them and see.  As for Big Stipey Lie:  let's just follow logic a little.
Stripes (oops, just noticed I spelled it incorrectly - but you all know what
it should say) are usually used to draw attention to something.  Think of
cross-walks.  If we apply this theory to a lie, then we can (perhaps) safely
assume that the lie referred to here is "obvious".  Opinions?  Flames? Ha ha.

As for the flames:  oh, never mind.  I'd be a fool to comment.

Anyway, as long as I'm here, could I ask a favour?  Could you all put your
ears out there (those of you who listen to Dance Music in any case) and let
me know if you have heard anything by Canadian, Thomas Donovan.  The three
songs released are:  Total Controller; High Time; and Colourcode.  He's a
friend (actually, I just did backing vocals on what will be his next, Dive in
the Dream) and I would just like give him some good news if I can.  I know
that we've HEARD that they are being played in Britain and Germany and recently
there was a rumour that Total Controller was heard in an LA club - anyway,
any information would be appreciated.  Thanks.  Oh, an email me directly, of
course.

Oh, and I heard the Sarah Brightman thing in a restaurant recently (sang All I
Ask of You at the wedding by the way).  I though it was Olivia Newton John at
first.  My biggest question here is:  why did she do it?  I mean she was
already highly respected.  Ideas?

A good weekend to all!

Andrea.