Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Aspel tapetree finalization

From: Peter Byrne Manchester <PMANCHESTER@ccmail.sunysb.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1993 20:29:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Aspel tapetree finalization
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: pmanchester@ccmail.sunysb.edu

Jorn Barger announces:
>I'm making a few dubs myself for the first few leaf-node requesters, and for
>various parties who've been helping out, and then sending the NTSC 'master'
>to Cynthia in Amherst Mass who seems to have the stuff to do the top level,
>namely copies to the following, who all volunteered to make dubs themselves:

	As one of "the following," this is to second Jorn's request for Cynthia
to post her e-mail address either to the newsgroup, or to me and the others
Jorn listed as having agreed to do second-generation dubbing (he has misplaced
it).  I plan to follow the procedure Jorn says is her suggestion, and send the
tape for my copy to her with prepaid and addressed return mailer included.

	Cynthia, with your e-mail address I can get your mailing address
privately, and also ask a couple of technical questions.

	Jorn has been fast-tracking this operation, as I expect Cynthia and we,
the Gang of Seven, will want to also.  I'd love to see us get four or five
generations up the exponential tree by Katemas.  For those who want to have me
make them dubs, please do follow Cynthia's Procedure:  send me the blank tape
you wish me to use in an addressed _and stamped_ return mailer <*unsealed* of
course!>.  I will _not_ independently confirm the accuracy of the return
postage, so if you don't have a trusty postal meter, do it at the PO counter.
My address is included in Jorn's post today, or you can send me e-mail and I'll
provide it.  I actually recommend contacting me by e-mail anyway, so I'm
alerted to expect your tape and can contact you if something goes wrong.

	Finally, as Jorn mentioned, one of my decks is S-VHS.  My guess is that
making an actual S-VHS dub is extreme overkill for a PAL to NTSC transfer, but
if you want to supply the tape, I'll do it.  What I find nearly as effective
(using sp) and much cheaper is using the S-VHS as the _playback deck_ so I can
use level one digital video noise suppression.  So just send whatever regular
VHS tape you happen to like.

	Unless I get just overwhelmed, I expect to be able to make sub-dubs
available by this procedure until Katemas.  After that, shop is closed.

                                                            Peter Manchester
"C'mon, we all sing!"                          pmanchester@ccmail.sunysb.edu
                                                     72020.366@compuserv.com