Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Harvest album

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 93 19:41 CDT
Subject: Re: Harvest album
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>colleen's kari writes:
>
>>did kate release anything on Harvest in the US?
>>i have *A Harvest Sampler* with "The Man With a Child in His Eyes"
>>and "Point Me at the Sky" by the pink floyd. it lists *The Kick
>>Inside* as a Harvest release in the states.  or did it only come out
>>on Harvest for a short time, like Duran Duran?
>
>my LP copy of TKI has "PREVIOUSLY RELEASE ON HARVEST RECORDS SW-11761"
>in the bottom corner on the back.  guess so.

   The first American release was on Harvest with the Canadian "Vogue"
or "Ow, my head hurts" cover. By the time of Saturday Night Live the
EMI-America version was the only one available.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)