Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Aspel interview & touring

From: larry@cs.com (Larry Spence)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1993 21:58:06 GMT
Subject: Re: Aspel interview & touring
To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9306251444.AA23117@neil> nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk writes:
>During the Aspel interview with Kate he raised the question of
>why she had not toured since 1979. [deleted]...

Another interesting thing she mentioned was when/how the new album
was recorded: over two to three years, working directly to tape and
putting in a lot of studio time.  Isn't this more or less the same
method she used for the last two or three albums, and which she said
she was going to get away from, in favor of sitting down and knocking
out songs at the piano more spontaneously?

Please note that I haven't listened to "MoP" at all, and have no idea
whether I'll like the new album.  I just thought it was interesting
that both things that Kate said a couple years ago (that the next album
wouldn't be a dragged-out studio labor, and that she'd tour) don't seem
to be supported by what she said in the interview.  Of course, she could
be planning a tour, but not be far enough along to mention it in the
interview...

--
Larry Spence
larry@cs.com