Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Moments

From: Les <WADD@VM1.YorkU.CA>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 93 05:28:25 EDT
Subject: Moments
To: Moments <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

Well its 5:30am and I just finished downloading Moments of Pleasure.  I've
heard it and I think its great!  I don't think that its more emotional than
This Womans Work...but it is more reflective and moody.  It is a glowing
tribute to those who have passed away and I think it is a very honest song.
The vocals are straight forward....emphasizing her vocal strength and clarity
rather than range.  Two thumbs up!

B.T.W.  I think that if Prince et al can help this album be a huge success
in the U.S. then so much the better.  Kate deserves a breakthrough in the U.S.
I don't think that "Moments.." deserves to be called unoriginal or unimaginativ
e because it clearly wasn't meant to be experimental. I can't wait for this
album....

Les