Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe & TV...

From: ken@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (Ken Saint-John)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1993 03:40:58 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: KaTe & TV...
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

This showed up on my BBS last night, thought I would pass it along...

THANKS NEIL!!!

>From    : NEIL FOUNTAIN                    Number    : 6 of 8
>To      : ALL                              Date      : 06/20/93 6:45pm
>Subject : KATE ON UK.TV                    Reference : NONE
>Read    : [N/A]                            Private   : NO
>Conf    : 002 - "KaTe Bush" talk...

>No doubt there are quite a few video cassettes now being got ready for
>air mail tomorrow so you will soon be able to see kate's interview
>with Michael Aspel that appeared on ITV tonight but heres a few quick
>notes while you wait!  Please excuse typo's etc as im doing this
>whilst watching the video and its geting late As you know the new
>album is called the red shoes and Kate sang one song MOMENTS OF
>PLEASURE at the end of the show.The title of the album comes from an
>old British film of the same name which was about a ballet dancer.Kate
>met Michael Powel the director shortly befor he died and found him " a
>very sweet man " who had "a very strong affect" on her and has
>influenced 2 or 3 of the songs on the album.  A clip from the wutherig
>heights video was shown followed by a clip from "ASK ASPEL" of an
>interview with (a young)Kate at the time when wuthering heights was
>first released.  Kate admitted to being fed up with references to her
>first song!.  Als appearing on the new album Will Be British
>comedian/actor Lenny Hennry who had great fun whilst record ing as
>aparently Kate "ran arround making egg sandwiches" appart from the
>usuall "what inspires your writing" type questions there were no great
>revelations apart from the fact that Kate may be moving into "a gothic
>mansion" but this was definitly spoken with a ;-)

>If I dont fall asleep i'll upload a text file of the lyrics to
>"Moments of Pleasure" and maybe some IFF screen shots if my vidi amiga
>digitiser is up to it but nont expect jpeg quallity;-)

>Neil

 |                         Saint\X/ohn (Ken)                       |
 |    <ken@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us><{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!ken> |
 |   /\         The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198) v.32bis          |
 |  /  \ /\ "I think quotes are very dangerous things!" KaTe Bush. |
 |TwinPeaks\"The Electric Cafe BBS" (+1 805 399 3636) HST/DS.v32bis|
 |/  Fine Dining For The Eyes, Twin Peaks & KaTe Bush GIFs & JPGs. |