Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest #9.155

From: henrik@husc.harvard.edu
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 93 13:09:15 -0400
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest #9.155
To: Love-Hounds-Request@uunet.UU.NET, Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> someone sez technicolor negatives were red, YELLOW, and blue

No, I believe the original poster is correct, and the third color is
in fact green.

The primary colors of *pigment* are red, yellow, and blue, but the
primary colors of *light* are red, green and blue.

"The Red Shoes" is almost certainly referring to the fairy tail, and not
the wizard of oz.  If it were the latter, it would be "The Ruby Slippers".

There are a lot of different versions of the red shoes story.  as i recall
all of them involve vanity in one sort or another, or pride, and
the punishment is generally to be danced to death by the shoes.

pretty grim, but very bushy stuff when you think about it.

I think the new albums going to be *smashing*.

					larry...