Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: CD-ROM (was Discography)

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 93 00:08 CDT
Subject: Re: CD-ROM (was Discography)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <m0o1X7P-000Nh3C@zoodle.robin.de> Uli writes:
>Chris says:
>
>> > [file format:]
>>    I'll start checking out the tools used to create Windows "Help"
>> files. It seems to be an OK semi-hypertext format.
>

>The real problem is that not everyone has Windows (e.g. me) and that this
>way (as with the other ways) not everyone could do something with it. But
>again - there's that much room on a CD-ROM that we could do it in several
>formats.

  I received e-mail about MS "help" files. It's a compiled .RTF file, so
NeXt and MS-DOS/Windows shouldn't be too hard. A poll to find the most
popular formats is called for. Does anyone have polling software set-up,
the sort used for newsgroup creation? Should we create a CD-ROM project
mailing list off-shoot?

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)