Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cloudbusting

From: jbroz@access.digex.net (Joe Broz)
Date: 26 May 1993 22:01:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Cloudbusting
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Could someone tell me what the song "Cloudbusting" is about?

Although I'm not sure I could enlighten you about the meaning of this song
without entering into a rambling, opinion filled discussion which wouldn't
help much, your question has led me to another which I someone can help
_me_ with I hope... (sorry to kind of change topics but here goes.)

About three months ago I rented a video of Kate videos and cannot remember
the name of the tape. A version of Cloudbusting was on the tape and it was
different from the one which is on Hounds of Love.

In it Kate's character and her father? push and pull what turns out to be
a rainmaking machine up a hill, set it up, and make rain. This causes
a stir and much of the middle part of the video consists of Kate's
"flashbacks" to earlier scenes of her father's lab and police raiding the
lab and turning up a newspaper with the headline which read something like
"Local mad? scientist causes trouble" or something like that.

At the end of the video her father is arrested and while he is being drive
away he motions for Kate to go back up the hill and turn on the
machine once again.

My questions are:

Can anyone tell me the name of the tape?

And, has that version of the song been released on tape or CD? I liked it
better than the Hounds of Love version.

Thanks.