Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Aimee Mann (was Re: Tasman Archer)

From: Dan Redding <dwr9s@curry.edschool.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1993 16:52:06 GMT
Subject: Re: Aimee Mann (was Re: Tasman Archer)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@murdoch.acc.virginia.edu

Aimee Mann is just fantastic. I bought the album the first second I
saw it. I saw her in concert twice last year, once as Til Tuesday, and
then during the summer as Aimee Mann....her new material is great,
and she is unbelievable live...

I read one review that called it "Another album full of dysfunctional
relationship blues set to nice pop melodies..."

(It was a generally favorable review, and that's a fair review of
Aimee's style...)

It's got a few great acoustic tracks on it and a few that rely more on
electric guitar ... a good mix. My favorite tracks are "I Should've
Known" "Could've Been Anyone" ""Fourth of July" and "Say Anything".
I've heard there is a good video for "I should've known..." Anyone
seen it?

If you've never heard of Til Tuesday or Aimee, I'd strongly urge Kate
fans to try it out. The friend that introduced me to Kate's music
enjoyed being introduced to Til Tuesday...

Just for your info...

Dan
--
* DAN REDDING          * "People say I'm crazy, doing what I'm doing"
* redding@virginia.edu * "Life is what happens to you while you're busy